Sunday, October 18, 2015

THE ENTITLEMENT ATTITUDE IS A DIRECT AFFRONT TO GOD

I awakened this morning with this thought weighing heavy on my mind. Initially, I was instantly aware of my own ungrateful attitude toward the 1000s of things that God provides on a regular basis. If that wasn't bad enough, there have been times when I've shown my ungratefulness to an even greater degree by expecting that I ought to be paid better for my work or that I deserve more than some of the idiots who are out there rolling in cash. 1 Timothy 6:6 says that "GODLINESS WITH CONTENTMENT IS GREAT GAIN." A statement that is buttressed by two others...

This one which precedes it... "If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that GODLINESS IS A MEANS OF GAIN. From such withdraw yourself." - 1 Timothy 3:3-5.


And this one which follows... "For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these WE SHALL BE CONTENT." - 1Timothy 6:7,8


None of us are ever ENTITLED to anything more than we are blessed to receive. As Paul warns Timothy of the false teacher who preaches that GODLINESS IS A MEANS OF GAIN, it is one of many very clear manifestations or indications of erroneous doctrine. Consider contrasting that with GODLINESS WITH CONTENTMENT IS GREAT GAIN and WE SHALL BE CONTENT.


To look on godliness as a means of gain and to take on the accompanying attitude of entitlement directly counter's God's truth. Worse yet, when we grumble against that which the Lord has provided, it is equal to slapping Him in the face. Ask yourself if God is deserving of that blow and be, not only grateful, but content with what He has provided.


Dear friends... I am prayerfully considering writing a blog that deals with more than 30 years worth of studying that I have done concerning the seeds of destruction that have led our world to the place where we now stand and the medium in which those seeds have taken root.


The problems of our world go well beyond the political realm and are found within the attitudes of individuals, even you and I. In fact, I want to get completely away from the political side of things (God help me) and focus on what is truly important. I feel like I'm being drawn in this direction and directed to begin steering clear of many of the things that I have been engaging in. I believe that it is a better use of my time edifying and building up my friends, family, neighbors and all who might come in contact with me than it is to continue to hammer away at the injustices.

No comments:

Post a Comment